Saturday 30 March 2013

Money Saving March

 Hi everyone
  Thanks for reading my blog I really appreciate it, I know I haven't posted for a day or too but things have been manic here and desperately trying to finish off a big piece of work and a big welcome to  Pam . Anyway I hope you all continue to read and post comments x

Here's ten Things I have done this month to stretch them pennies

1) Set  a very strict grocery Budget of £ 550 and actually coming in under budget at £498.43 was so pleased with myself stores are a little low though.

2) Cooked from Scratch. 

3) Used my slow cookers.

4) Cooked in bulk saving time and money!

6) Baked cakes and pasties.

7) Used my frugal shopping and baking to provide a Birthday treat for my lovely niece.

8 ) Bagged myself a few whoopsie bargains to stretch the budget even more.

9) Created my grocery spending diary to monitor prices/ value

10) Freezer inventory so I know exactly what I have got and what we actually need to buy.


 As You can see There all based around the grocery budget but felt I needed to master this before  starting  a new stage in my money saving/ thriftiness and i was successful and came in over £ 50 under budget. This has really fired me up and this blog really does help keep me focused and enthusiastic  times are hard at the moment but hopefully it wont be too long till I really start to make even more significant progress in reducing outgoings.
  What have you done this month to stretch them pennies. Where did you make the most significant savings? What kept you focused? When did you start to make significant progress?

        Jen x

4 comments:

  1. Well done Jen, keep up the good work, little steps add up just don't get put off if life throws you a curve ball, deal with it and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first month you have done so well, you should be very proud of yourself. What a brilliant idea to list 10 things you have done towards cutting your budget. This month to stretch the pennies we have done 80% of our shopping at lidl, they only disapointment has been the hot cross buns, they were chewy and really not nice, but we ate them lol. Bread and yogurt have been our best savings this week, homemade bread and the big tubs of greek yogurt have been much cheaper then our normal brands. Blogging keeps me focused, that and the bank balance!! We have always been very careful but stepped it up a notch at the beginning of the year and we are both very pleased with the results.

    Like Pam says we haven't got to get put off when things go pear shaped, its just a blip and time to get back on track.

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try and get all my bread whoopsied ( and freeze it)When the kids are back at school we can use up to 14 loaves a week so we save our selves a fortune doing this, though not had much luck this week. I may try and make my own simple bread but don't really have the time to make 14 loaves a week but a couple of homemade loaves would help to reduce costs. Maybe I should get my oldest daughter to give it a go she loves to bake.
    The blogging does keep you focused I have really enjoyed it. I have been a little bit pushed for time this week got a lot of work to do preparing for something important. Will have to try posting in the afternoon instead of late evening.
    Shame about the hot cross buns glad to see they didn't go to waste. I don't really like them.

    jen x

    ReplyDelete