Thursday 21 March 2013

My 72 fairy cakes!


 Thanks to everyone who left such lovely comments and  welcome to my lovely followers . Also a great big thank you to Karen who helped me resolve a technical issue and install Google follower on my blog. I had been trying for absolutely ages and couldn't find the gadget to install it.


  Had another productive morning making 72 plain fairy cakes using the same food processor that my mum used when we were kids( still works perfectly 27 years later).  Haven't made these for ages and 72 may sound like a lot but I did give a dozen to my sister  for her children and then froze 2 dozen for pack lunches . We scoffed the rest for part of our after school snack and for pudding( think I need to work on my portion control). I never added any icing as i was a little unsure of how it would freeze and felt they would be far healthier without it and the best part is they only cost about £2 to make. Where else can you get 72 cakes for £2! I used to spend about £5 a week on lunchbox snacks for the children. Now I can just go freezer diving.

  There,s not much else to report on the thrifty front as time was limited today as I had to go and watch my daughters Easter performance and then take the children to an after school club. The plus side to my busy day is that I haven't actually brought anything so grocery spends remain the same and neither have I thrown anything away.  Go me ! I will get the inventory completed tomorrow and create my grocery spending diary. Off to bed now its really cold here and we are expecting heavy snow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment